Starlight Academy
Starlight Academy
Starlight Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Starlight Academy

An academy for YGO

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» This is probably a longshot
August Homework Emptyby AuessyTheMasterOfTime Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:07 am

» Trying to reconect
August Homework Emptyby xion starlight's assault Tue May 31, 2016 4:06 pm

» Hello, GUys
August Homework Emptyby bad81boy Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:34 am

» Reunion Hopefully
August Homework Emptyby Rain Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 pm

» peace out starlight
August Homework Emptyby Rain Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 am

» my farewell
August Homework Emptyby xion starlight's assault Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 am

» new place guys
August Homework Emptyby Drewzer44 Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:18 am

» [Must Read] Trading Card Lottery
August Homework Emptyby Drewzer44 Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:43 am

» Introduce yourself!
August Homework Emptyby Darklord0886 Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:01 am

August Homework

Go down 
+3
JediMasterGale
gghhjj19
Key the Starlight Archer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Key the Starlight Archer
Shooting Star Dorm Leader
Key the Starlight Archer

Character sheet
Character Name: Key
Deck: Blackwings

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: August Homework   August Homework EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello students of the Shooting Star Dorm. I am your Dorm Leader, and I am announcing your first Homework.

Objective: Make a Dinosaur-Type banish deck.
Opponent: Dragon Rulers

Special Rules: Only 1 Dragon Ruler effect can be activated per turn.

Life Points Ranking:

10/10 - Win with 5000 or more LP
9/10 - Win with 3000 or less LP
8/10 - Win with 1000 or less LP
7/10 - Loss, opponent having 1000 or less LP
6/10 - Loss, opponent having 3000 or less LP
5/10 - Loss, opponent having 5000 or less LP
4/10 - Loss, opponent having 6000 or less LP
3/10 - Loss, opponent having 6500 or less LP
2/10 - Loss, opponent having 7000 or less LP
1/10 - Loss, opponent having 7500 or less LP
0/10 - Loss, opponent having 8000 or more LP

Graduating/Reproving

5/10 to 10/10 - GRADUATED
4/10 to 0/0 - REPROVED

You will have until August 20th to finish your Deck.
No NETDECKING allowed.

These homeworks help you to get better and maybe allow you to be a tester. At each month, i will send feedback of your growth to the Chancellors.

You will have time to build, test, make changes and test again, so, any time waste could be bad.

Good Luck students!

Last edited by Key the Starlight Archer on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gghhjj19
Shooting Star Dorm
Shooting Star Dorm

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 am

Key the Starlight Archer wrote:
Hello students of the Shooting Star Dorm. I am your Dorm Leader, and I am announcing your first Homework.

Special Rules: Only 1 Dragon Ruler effect can be activated per turn (except chained effects, like banishing 2 Redox for Special Summon Tempest. The effects of those Redox are activated.)

Life Points Ranking:

Graduating/Reproving

4/10 to 0/0 - REPROVED

No NETDECKING allowed.

These homeworks help you to get better and maybe allow you to be a tester. At each month, i will send feedback of your growth to the Chancellors.

You will have time to build, test, make changes and test again, so, any time waste could be bad.

Good Luck students!

I don't get the bit in bold, if you can only activate 1 dragon ruler per turn if u banish 2 redox for tempest, you have activated tempest meaning you cant activate the 2 redox anyway...
Back to top Go down
JediMasterGale
Chancellor
Chancellor
JediMasterGale

Character sheet
Character Name: Zelphius
Deck: Burning Knuckler

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:25 am

gghhjj19 wrote:
Key the Starlight Archer wrote:

Special Rules: Only 1 Dragon Ruler effect can be activated per turn (except chained effects, like banishing 2 Redox for Special Summon Tempest. The effects of those Redox are activated.)

Life Points Ranking:

Graduating/Reproving

4/10 to 0/0 - REPROVED

No NETDECKING allowed.

Good Luck students!

I don't get the bit in bold, if you can only activate 1 dragon ruler per turn if u banish 2 redox for tempest, you have activated tempest meaning you cant activate the 2 redox anyway...

That's exactly what he is saying Redox is a chain effect to Tempest so this is allowed
Back to top Go down
https://starlightacademy.forumotion.co.uk
gghhjj19
Shooting Star Dorm
Shooting Star Dorm

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 am

Uh summons dont start chains, tempest's summon is not chain link 1, first redox is chain link 1. So that means after u activate tempest, u cant activate redox the first redox to even start the chain due to the rule u can only activate 1 tempest. So again I am confused, I might be misunderstanding, if so please clarify for me.
Back to top Go down
Key the Starlight Archer
Key the Starlight Archer

Character sheet

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 am

kk i will update that
Back to top Go down
Willi the Tiger
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor
Willi the Tiger

Character sheet
Character Name: Tony Tigrea
Deck: Mist Valley Ninja

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 am

hes right redox isnt chained.
And ur student is correcting u xD i say full points on his hmwk Razz
also i think i might stil be in shooting so can i do this too? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Key the Starlight Archer
Key the Starlight Archer

Character sheet

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:15 am

If you want xD
Back to top Go down
Rain
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor
Rain

Character sheet
Character Name: soul
Deck: e dragon

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:58 am

I am in shooting star dorm but. I'm also a vs doors that mean I still have to do this
Back to top Go down
Willi the Tiger
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor
Willi the Tiger

Character sheet

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 am

rain i dont think anyone has to do this stuff :/ its just for fun ^^ so yeah u can do it aswell
Back to top Go down
Willi the Tiger
Vice-Chancellor
Vice-Chancellor
Willi the Tiger

Character sheet

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:53 am

...erm well that u cant do and i just said that i thought it was optional O_o
Back to top Go down
Argor42

Argor42

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:24 am

gghhjj19 wrote:
Uh summons dont start chains, tempest's summon is not chain link 1, first redox is chain link 1. So that means after u activate tempest, u cant activate redox the first redox to even start the chain due to the rule u can only activate 1 tempest. So again I am confused, I might be misunderstanding, if so please clarify for me.
Dragon Ruler summon effects do start chains.
Back to top Go down
xion starlight's assault
Chancellor
Chancellor
xion starlight's assault

Character sheet
Character Name: xion
Deck: assault mode

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm

wait we are eating key Very Happy i wanna help
Back to top Go down
gghhjj19
Shooting Star Dorm
Shooting Star Dorm

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Argor42 wrote:
gghhjj19 wrote:
Ok that raises a question from me, so if player 1 summons tempest and player 2 responds with bottomless is bottomless chain link 2? Cause if so that changes quite a lot of things for me.
Also I know ygopros rulings are not always arent always right but according to YGOPRO (percy) http://snag.gy/bgsgc.jpg the banished cards are chain link 1 and 2 which is what I was originally saying, this goes back to me being confused with that original statement, if you have a response argor it will be greatly appreciated so I can learn more rulings.

EDIT: Ok I asked an admin on DN, the confusion i had with argors reply is that I wrote my thing wrong when i said "Uh summons dont start chains, tempest's summon is not chain link 1" I needed to change the wording on that, some summons do start chains but since e-drags have trigger effects the chain in the banish zone does not activate after the chain of the summon is finished. If that sounds confusing here is an example: Redox and tidal are banished for the summon of Blaster. Assuming the summon is fine, blaster starts a chain as chain link 1, if nothing is responded that chain will then finish and then redox and tidal will start there own chain as chain link 1 and 2. But that still means that original rule was not making sense. When i wrote about the summons not having chains I was wrong there but the principle behind what I was saying was right.
Back to top Go down
Argor42

Argor42

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 2:41 am

gghhjj19 wrote:
Argor42 wrote:
gghhjj19 wrote:
Ok that raises a question from me, so if player 1 summons tempest and player 2 responds with bottomless is bottomless chain link 2? Cause if so that changes quite a lot of things for me.
Also I know ygopros rulings are not always arent always right but according to YGOPRO (percy) http://snag.gy/bgsgc.jpg the banished cards are chain link 1 and 2 which is what I was originally saying, this goes back to me being confused with that original statement, if you have a response argor it will be greatly appreciated so I can learn more rulings.

EDIT: Ok I asked an admin on DN, the confusion i had with argors reply is that I wrote my thing wrong when i said "Uh summons dont start chains, tempest's summon is not chain link 1" I needed to change the wording on that, some summons do start chains but since e-drags have trigger effects the chain in the banish zone does not activate after the chain of the summon is finished. If that sounds confusing here is an example: Redox and tidal are banished for the summon of Blaster. Assuming the summon is fine, blaster starts a chain as chain link 1, if nothing is responded that chain will then finish and then redox and tidal will start there own chain as chain link 1 and 2.  But that still means that original rule was not making sense. When i wrote about the summons not having chains I was wrong there but the principle behind what I was saying was right.
Sequence of events in a set of Dragon Ruler Chains:

Activate summon effect of whatever (let's say Tempest), banishing Redox and Tidal for cost. This process starts a chain.
Opponent has no response.
Tempest is summoned.
On new chain, Redox and Tidal can trigger via SEGOC.
If opponent has a response to Tempest's summon, it'd have to be at least CL 3 if Redox and Tidal trigger.

Summons themselves don't start chains, but effects to summon can start chains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

August Homework Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Homework   August Homework Empty

Back to top Go down

August Homework
Page 1 of 1